Congratulations, you got the job interview. Now what? Whether it’s over the phone, via Skype, or in person, you want to be prepared to make the best possible impression. Here are 8 key tips for job interviews.
- Be early. At least 10 minutes early. Not only to give yourself time to settle but to show how prompt and professional you are.
- Dress for the job you want. How many times have you heard that advice? It’s true: if you want the job, you need to present yourself well.
- Be prepared. Know the names of your interviewers, have answers ready for a variety of questions, and make a list of the questions you may have. Research the company and the job you’re interviewing for.
- Practice your answers. You may know what you want to say, but you also want to say it well.
- Bring extra copies of your resume. Look at you, all prepared.
- Silence your phone/electronic devices. Or turn them off completely.
- Listen carefully and make eye contact. Give your full attention to the interviewer.
- Close strong. Ask what the next steps are at the end of your interview. And it’s always nice to follow up with a thank you note or email.
Have a tip for a great job interview? Let us know in the comments!