The Mortgage Loan Originator is the first point of contact between customers and the company, thus knowledge and effective communication are paramount. Your role will be to develop and maintain relationships with customers seeking mortgage loans. In addition to that, you serve as a guide to the customer as they complete the loan application process.
- Build and maintain relationships with customers and understand their goals and objectives in order to recommend the best loan products for them.
- Builds a professional network in the marketplace.
- Maintain current and thorough knowledge of all lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Be able to explain all of the risks and benefits of the various loan products to the customer.
- Take thorough and complete loan applications; analyze and prequalify applicant information to determine viability of the clients desired loan program.
- Achieve set production goals.
- Participate in training for marketing, sales and scenario techniques to effectively sell, package and close consumer mortgages.
- Execute all tasks in accordance with company policies, procedures and regulatory issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Four-year college degree is preferred.
- A minimum of three years of loan originating experience backed by successful record of prospecting, generating leads, closing business and consistently meeting production goals or manager approval.
- Licensed by NMLS.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with customers, management and colleagues.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately.
- Possess strong computer skills.
All associates must pass a background and credit check and comply with applicable Anti-Money Laundering requirements.
We offer a competitive salary and bonus opportunity, together with an innovative and progressive approach to benefits. It is our goal to provide our associates an exciting, dynamic, desirable place to work. Our ambitious business plan and its success hinges on the ability to find great people and provide an environment that fully engages, retains and leverages the potential of top talent. As such, we provide development opportunities to all our associates, with a curriculum geared towards providing an informed view of multiple career paths. We have an owner-operator approach and when we succeed, so do our associates.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org